Friday, May 28, 2004

following suit with my own friday five

My bud danialle has been doing the friday five on her blog for awhile now, and i figured i might as well follow suit :)
1. What was the last TV show you watched?
it was some show on the travel channel this morning while i was getting ready for work. it was a salsa, hot sauce contest & some of them salsas looked damn good!

2. What was the last thing you complained about?
Does this mean in my head or out loud to others?
I would bet it was probably the general lack of respect for others that i experience when dealing with the urban populace.

3. Who was the last person you complimented and what did you say?
hmmm...I'll say when i wrote Janina & told her that I appreciate her strength as an outspoken woman & that I appreciate that she's into crafting, love, and is an exceptional person.

4. What was the last thing you threw away?
the deli envelope that my everything bagel with roasted garlic & olive hummus came in this morning from Beans & Bagels. of personal belongings...a broken lamp & some broken glass from old abandoned art frames.

5. What was the last website (besides this one) that you visited?
Conversations For Exploration with Laura Lee . listened to an interview with Tyler Volk about Climate controversies - global warming, ice ages, etc.
a pretty good interview. I'm liking listening to Laura more than Jeff Rense lately as Jeff can be a little bit on the negative side when it comes to the fate of the world (and also a little on the misguided side when it comes to issues like immigration,patriotism, etc.)

on other topics...I've been trying to be good about ps2 time, but i'm addicted to SSX3. for those of you that aren't familiar, it's a crazy & gorgeous snowboarding game full of all types of insane tricks & a 3 peak mountain that's a blast to explore.
now i just need to get a good platformer like ratchet & clank - i really want to play that whole series. those are my favorite types of games i think.
I'm not really a big fan of first person shooters. especially considering that a fair amount of the game designers are the same people who developed the training simulators for the military. I understand that people should have the freedome to play whatever they want, but i also think that people are EXTREMELY deluded to think that being so immersed in intense violent activities does not have a subconcious negative impact, especially on younger players.
I mean, it's a really mentally & emotionally unbalanced world when a child has seen something like 1300 simulated acts of murder by the time they are a teenager. it's just sick. yet sexuality is a big no no...
for more on the topic of how masochistic & ritually pain centered our culture is, I'd recommend Riane Eisler's book Sacred Pleasure. she is the cofounder with her husband of the Center for Partnership Studies.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the Friday Five...It's such a nice way for us to learn more about ya!

    Did you check out Jeff Rense with Alex Jones. I've never wanted to just give up more in my life.

    ReplyDelete