Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Return to dream city


I don't know about the rest of you, but I have a few locations that keep repeating in my dreams.
I intuit that the is one city in particular, and I have to wonder if it is a real place, not necessarily in this dimension, but maybe in another.
is it possible that I am having bleed-over between my multi-dimensional aspects of self?
I like to think so.
Last night I found myself in one of the areas of this city again. It is getting to the point that I can actually map certain locations - I can feel the layout and I know where the location I was in is in relation to other areas from other dreams.

the scenario last night was one in which a friend asked if I could substitute teach for him. I agreed not thinking about the fact that I do not have a college degree which would allow me to do so. When I realized this, the dream changed directions.
I was on a street that reminded me of the south loop end of Michigan Ave. here in Chicago.
As I turned onto a sidestreet, the level dropped, and I was all of a sudden in an area that seemed to be for driving instruction. I crossed this area & ended up in a small complex that was a couple of restaurants. One was more round in layout & had something to do with clowns, ice cream & hamburgers. haha.
I walked thru them & exited onto a street that went downhill into a mare familiar area that had more of a familiar feel.
When I got to the bottom of the hill I realized upon looking back that I knew the area. This is the point in which dreams collided.
I realized that the hill I had just come down is one that leads out of the city into a heavily wooded area, one that I have the feeling is still wilderness. I also know that before the dense woods there is another small town at the top of that long hill that has many shops, of the independent kind...a general store, a shop of esoterica that I had visited before for I don't remember what, along with a few other places. Kind of the last stop before leaving civilization.

From where I was standing in the intersection at the bottom of the hill, there is also a major entry to an interstate type of road that splits into two levels.
I remember traveling the upper level before. The entire passage skirts one side of this city. I cannot quite explain the layout here, but the exits & entrances are a little bit confusing. I can see them in my head & can probably even draw them, but at the same time, it seems that all of them do not exist at once, but only as being observed, very much as quantum physics says that particles exist.

oh, I forgot about the semi dilapidated house which I passed by on my way from the restaurant to the road. In this yard, and crossing a type of bridge that was more like crossing a log. If I remember correctly, it was crossing a small ravine like situation. As I crossed it, there were 2 African American males coming from the other direction, both of which were dressed like Baptists & singing songs of praise. As we met & said hello, they asked about my necklace - an osho mala, and when I began to explain to them what it represents, I could feel them turn off/shut down, as if I could actually witness the brain function switch off in protection of that which they believe. A wall was erected, so to speak, and they turned & went on their own way, continuing as if they had never crossed my path at all.

back to the intersection...

well, unfortunately, at the point I made connections, my alarm went off. Of course, this may also be the only reason I remember all of this so vividly.

maybe I should start mapping out this world on paper. Maybe even paint it.
I wonder how much of it I can bring back into this realm & if there happens to actually be a place or will be a place where this exists in this material world.

In the past, I also remember a huge town square area that reminded me of "eastern block" countries. It was a huge t-shaped plaza with a huge pale salmon colored building at front & center.
I remember military action happening, tanks to be precise, or huge vehicles that were similar to tanks.
I was on foot, trapped in a sense, when all of a sudden woman which I felt intensely in tune with popped out of the top of one of the vehicles & called me to her in order to get me in there & out of harms way.
I do not remember any more details of that dream than that (the dream was at least a few years ago), except for the fact that when I awoke from that dream, that was the first time that I realized the repetitive nature of this city.

It may be time for me to start practicing lucid dreaming, to start exploring & attempting to figure out just what is goin on here.

so very interesting & intriguing.
I want to know what that city is & just what it means to me.
I can feel it's importance.
it feels more important than this world which we tend to consider the more real.

No comments:

Post a Comment