Saturday, February 02, 2008

new ideas about my art

So, over the last few weeks I have become increasingly inspired by the works of a my wonderful friend Ania Wojtczak


"Before"



""Out of Mist"


and also by the works of Devakrishna Marco Giollo

"Work 105"


"Work 117"


(the works i have shown as examples here are exactly that, examples, and not necessarily specific works of theirs which i find to be directly inspirational. they both have quite a few works i resonate with)

I have decided to no longer paint on canvas. I had started to make a move towards using recovered wood panels, and i have to say that i do not want to go back.
I am feeling more at home with earthen tones, especially since moving to canyon country.
I'm also going to start to create my own mediums, probably oil based, utilizing pigments ground from the sedimentary layers of earth available to me here along with other nature based hand created pigments and dyes as well as found nature or entropic objects.
I am not sure what forms the new works will take in terms of image and/or size, but am anxious to see.
stay tuned for more....

No comments:

Post a Comment